What is AAPAC?
The Ann Arbor Parent Advisory Committee for Special Education (AAPAC) is a group of parents and guardians whose focus is on supporting children in AAPS who have IEPs or 504 Plans.
Our Executive Committee members and individual Building Representatives and Alternates provide parents and guardians with a helping hand to go to anytime with questions.
Here is the AAPAC Brochure.
The Executive Director of SISS is Dr. Marianne Fidishin. You can reach SISS at 734 994-2318, or check their SISS Staff page for more ways to reach them. Here is the organization chart that gives you some info about who to contact about what.
Here is the AAPAC Committee Report that Mary Duerksen gave to the Board of Education on June 28, 2017. It gives a thorough description of what AAPAC does.
Here is an IEP Team Contact Form for a parent or guardian to keep track of the names and contact information for their child’s IEP service providers. You can take it to IEP meetings to note service providers for the next school year, or to ask the special education teacher or case manager at the start of new school year. For contact information for SISS Assistant Directors, go to www.a2schools.org/Page/8746. For AAPAC Building Representatives, go to a2pac.wordpress.com/current-reps/.
Here is the list of self-contained classrooms for 2021-2022.
Here is the AAPAC Report to the Board of Education from their 2/24/2021 meeting.
2021-2022 Meeting Calendar
Meetings are held online for now. The link to join will be sent in an e-mail message from SISS.
- Monday September 13 – We voted on some proposed bylaw changes. The proposal passed.
- Next meeting: Monday October 4 – topic to be announced
- Monday November 1
- Monday December 6
- January, 2022 – date TBD to avoid first night back from winter break
- Monday February 7
- March – date TBD to coordinate with WISD PAC for Summer Activities Fair
- April – date TBD to avoid first night back from spring break
- Monday May 2
- Monday June 6 – Election of Officers, Welcome 2022-23 Building Liaisons and Program
Last updated September 14, 2021