What is AAPAC?
The Ann Arbor Parent Advisory Committee for Special Education (AAPAC) is a group of parents whose focus is on supporting children in AAPS who have IEP’s or 504 Plans.
Our exec board and individual building reps provide parents with a helping hand to go to anytime with questions.
AAPS SISS Administrator Responsibility Chart 2016-17 (shows who to contact to troubleshoot IEP/504 issues if you can’t resolve it with the school team/principal)
2016 – 2017 Meeting Calendar
6:15 – 6:50 PM with SISS team
7 – 9 PM general meeting
Tappan Middle School
2251 E. Stadium Blvd., Ann Arbor
Media Center (2nd Floor), unless otherwise noted below
- October 3, 2016: Dr. Swift greeting & BOE Candidate Panel (agenda, invitation)
- November 7, 2016: Preparing for Emergencies (Sgt. Tom Hickey, AAPD) (agenda, invitation, Handouts: AAOM Safety Plan Forms, Washtenaw Co. 911 Dispatchers Contact Info, SPECTRUM Alert, minutes)
- December 5, 2016: NAMI and WACA (agenda, invitation, minutes, NAMI slides, WACA slides)
- January 9, 2017: Successful Transitions from Self-Contained Classrooms to Inclusion (invitation, agenda & resources, Inclusion Questionnaire, Inclusion Data Sheet, Best Practices for Inclusion and LRE)
- February 6, 2017: Alternative Routes to a High School Diploma Panel (invitation, agenda, Education Development Plans Fundamentals, minutes) Handouts and links:
A2Virtual Online Learner Readiness Rubric, A2 Virtual+ for Students with IEPs and 504s, AAPS Career Opportunities: AAPS Career & Technical Education Courses, What’s New in Career & Tech Education, What is Career Cruising?, AAPS Counseling Department Winter 2017 Parent Outreach Series, Diploma vs. Completion without a Diploma, AAPS Annual Notice of the Right to Request a Personal Curriculum – page 7, The Personal Curriculum: A Tool for Modifying the Michigan Merit Curriculum – Subject Area Credit Requirements and PC Modifications (Chart) – pages 9 and 10
- March 6, 2017: Summer Activities Fair. (invitation, agenda) Handouts: Extended School Year
- March 15, 2017: Evidence Based Practices and Implementation Fidelity with Dr. Joshua Plavnick: Special Presentation. 7-8:30 pm. Tappan Media Center (invitation)
- April 10, 2017: The WISD (Washtenaw Intermediate School District) – Its Roles and Resources in AAPS (invitation, minutes, WISD flyer Partners in Education)
- May 1, 2017 (invitation) – Please note the time change for this meeting!
- June 5, 2017: Project READ. (invitation)
last updated 5-22-2017